Saturday, October 20, 2012

I know I've been phoning it in lately, but gimme a break, Mom & Dad are in town

My belly is big
sometimes it is hard
sometimes it is pokey
it's not made of lard

The rain coming down
must first hit the tree
and roll down a leaf
before splatting on me

I touched an old toy
that rang an old bell
inside my old mind
remembering well

My friends are so kind
they floor me with love
I can't even find
an unhappy thing.

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed you keep managing to post, despite parents, pregnancy, parties and the rest. I think I owe you another dinner.

    The last line makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to our dinner this week! I think you mighta fulfilled your second obligations by setting up the food plan for Mike & I with the bebe. You rock.

      Delete