Thursday, October 18, 2012

Zephyr's song

Channing, darling, I'm stumped for your story-poem. All I can get out of Zomacs are one-act plays and nonsense songs. He's a contrary li'l spirit. I'm sorry.


Oh, very in the berry in the
waste, in the wild,
I took a little detour
toward
the
sea.

And I walked along for days,
and I walked along for nights,
and I walked along for miles and I
looked
for
me.

Well a little birdie sang
to the chorus in my spleen
and the song was such a color as you’ve
never
ever
seen.

A snakie curled arow-ow-ound
my foot and whispered slow,
“I’ve got an opportunity,
if you
whistle
low.”

But it wasn’t till the Zephyr came
tap-dancing from the west
that I thought I saw a meteor and 
felt
the
best.

You can ask yourself a question
you can tell yourself a myth
but it wouldn’t hold a candle to
the knowledge
of the
smith.

He can work a silver trinket
he can hammer gold your leaves,
he can forge a pretty chain to hold
your heart
while it
grieves.

Buuut everything is lighter
when the Zephyr comes along;
he will turn a pretty pirouette,
he’ll sing
a
happy
song:

Doh de dawdle lawdle lawdle da
da deedle leedle loo,
dim a ditty ditty doody-bop
ka-scrumble
umble
moo.

1 comment:

  1. No apology necessary! I've really been enjoying what you (two) have been coming up with. That goes for all of the Blankaday contributors, actually - I'm a very appreciative spectator. :)

    I asked, you answered; you asked, he answered. it's all good.

    ReplyDelete