Friday, March 4, 2016

11 days

I said I would do this poem-a-day thing until I got a new job. Lo and behold, I got a new job! I’d like to keep posting until I officially start, which will be on March 15.

Eep!

Anyone else who is enjoying posting, feel free to continue! I'm going to keep reading, and hopefully I'll pick up the thread again at another convenient moment.

I've missed a lot of poem days lately. I'm not sure where my poetry brain went. I get embarrassed to keep phoning it in but it's what I encourage everyone else to do, so...here I am again.

There once was a young boy named Zephyr
who drank as much milk as a heifer.
With milk-drunk aplomb,
he said of his mom,
“If she hadn’t had boobs, I’d’ve left her!”

Perhaps I have at least one real poem left in me before I put the blog down again. My therapist canceled our appointment tomorrow so maybe I'll just write. Egads.

2 comments: