Reserve a seat on a jet
Do a complete ab workout!
sit down and watch a sunset
(given a specific set of 10 minutes, about)
walk to the store
check my email inbox 47 times
find out my credit score
practice counting by primes
spend too much money on Amazon
contemplate my useless white shame
turn on the radio and sing a song
set up a complicated board game
Do 4 simple things that I keep postponing
make an appointment for therapy
Read about books I’m considering owning
age 10 minutes (concurrently!)
masturbate
meditate
make a list
make a list
Haha! Very meta. Nice!
ReplyDeleteThe rhyming structure is lovely, like a light starch of formality on the type of language that is mostly used casually.
ReplyDeleteI'd spell out the numbers, though - is the convention to do otherwise these days?
The rhyming structure is lovely, like a light starch of formality on the type of language that is mostly used casually.
ReplyDeleteI'd spell out the numbers, though - is the convention to do otherwise these days?
The style guide I used to use in high school recommended spelling them out up to 10 and then using numerals for anything bigger. As you can see, I, er...tend to be lazy about that. I could make a case for it being a casual endeavor and therefore tonally appropriate to use the numerals but actually I think you're right about that. It's a bit jarring, isn't it?
Delete