Another packed LA day and I am stockpiling inspiration. An old friend took me to her favorite LA lookout point and I found myself at the top of Hollywood Hills, a little wary of the drunk kids and the suspicious rich people who live up there and also the coyotes we saw on the way up. Nervous about walking the last bit of one-lane road around a blind curve on the side of a cliff with no sidewalk, but she was so calm about it so I went along. There were a hundred poems to be written today but no time to write them or even finish the one I started yesterday so here's just one thought. I have a creative backlog now, whee!
Another ridiculous vista in LA
Moon dead overhead
City crouching below
300 degrees of space
At the top of Hollywood Hills
Some young dude leading
his girlfriend up the last hill blindfolded
“you better not be
about to throw me off a cliff”
“no honey, I swear I’m not”
That proposal isn’t going to
go over well.
hee hee
ReplyDelete