More trying new things. I didn't like the penciled outline. I really didn't like the preliminary penning. So I decided it was a throw-away texture experiment and quite to my surprise I think I like it quite a bit now.
Wow! I agree, the color makes a HUGE difference--not just the eyes, but the whole texture of the face. I'm loving this peek into visual artistic process.
The difference is really astonishing. I've had that thought when the colour has been removed - like a nice-enough but unremarkable colour photo becoming an amazing one in black and white - but this is the first time I've had an astonished and unambiguous positive reaction to added colour!
Wow! I agree, the color makes a HUGE difference--not just the eyes, but the whole texture of the face. I'm loving this peek into visual artistic process.
ReplyDeleteThe difference is really astonishing. I've had that thought when the colour has been removed - like a nice-enough but unremarkable colour photo becoming an amazing one in black and white - but this is the first time I've had an astonished and unambiguous positive reaction to added colour!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoy your posts. :)