With my first read, I parsed "Spring is loom-" as an actual loom with phlegm and mud as the warp and weft of a disgusting supernatural fabric woven by a Wyrd-Sister-like Spring. I like Spring as a vengeful spirit but the prosaic grossness you actually wrote about is much more suited to the haiku form.
Looming is a delightful word choice. Usually spring spreads blessings or awakens the winter-barren earth or similar!
With my first read, I parsed "Spring is loom-" as an actual loom with phlegm and mud as the warp and weft of a disgusting supernatural fabric woven by a Wyrd-Sister-like Spring. I like Spring as a vengeful spirit but the prosaic grossness you actually wrote about is much more suited to the haiku form.
ReplyDeleteLooming is a delightful word choice. Usually spring spreads blessings or awakens the winter-barren earth or similar!
Yay! I put the split-word dash on the second line on purpose for that very reason, glad it worked!
ReplyDelete