I'm enjoying a bit of a return to form--I didn't mean for the following poem to be so negative, but that's what the form pulled out of me. This is practice for practice's sake.
Airplane Pantoum
Steady white noise buzzing roar
pressure just this side of the door
sitting in a terrible seat
nothing available to eat
pressure just this side of the door
Visibility is poor
nothing available to eat
peanuts, insufficient meat
Visibility is poor
next to me, insufferable boor
peanuts, insufficient meat
for those who’d rather be elite
Next to me, insufferable boor
full of self and needing more
for those who’d rather be elite
to walk and stretch their dainty feet
full of self and needing more,
I turn to fantasies of gore
to walk and stretch their dainty feet
tired of who I might meet
I turn to fantasies of gore
steady white noise buzzing roar
tired of who I might meet
sitting in a terrible seat
sitting in a terrible seat
* * *
crisp sky above clouds--
descent pulls my body back
to earth's awareness
to earth's awareness
haha! I think this sums up my air plane experiences beautifully. I like the rhythm of this one :)
ReplyDeleteNegative but somehow very charming
ReplyDelete