Friday, September 21, 2012
From Necklace to Earrings instead (getting some half-finished projects off my bench!)
Soo... I refused to leave the studio today until I finished these earrings!
Originally this design was intended to be a 5 panel necklace, but then after making 3 panels of components it sat on my desk not moving due to scope creep. Then a co-worker suggested I turn them into earrings instead. Great idea it was!
here is a backside view!: (sorry about the fuzziness.... taking photos at 11pm with bad camera and no tri-pod)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh wow--those are AWESOME, Mel! I love the keyholes in back--like a gorgeous lining in a grey jacket, it's just a coolness that's only your secret...
ReplyDeleteI love these, too, especially for the secret keyholes. They make me want to get my ears pierced.
ReplyDeleteJust saw your comments now... awww!!! You are too sweet! Thanks! they did turn out to be better earrings than a large necklace (mainly due to the thin metal used) yeah I have been working a lot with key holes... they are kind of like symbols of personal secrets..
ReplyDelete@ Rachel- I just got my ears pierced so I could wear my own work (FINALLY) and you know what... I still really suck at wearing them! need to re-pierce my ears because they close up... oops! the life of a jewelry maker that doesn't wear her own jewelry.... sigh...